Thursday, October 11, 2007

Paolo Coehlo - inspires me, I love so much of this mans writing and what he shares of others

Paolo Coehlo has been a conistently
inspirational writer for me
for a few years now
His simplicity and gentleness
is exactly what I need
his writing gives my heart that glow
I identify and love reading
his Works
God gave us Paulo Coelho
So I thought I would share some more
of his Warrior of Light Blog
and how I see it fits
with the Just for Today card
and the Big Book
If not members of religious bodies, we sometimes select and memorize a few set prayers which emphasize the principles we have been discussing. There are many helpful books also. p87

Again This is Edition no 157

Fragments of a non-existing diary

Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro

Strolling along the promenade, I hear a young woman saying to another in a very convincing voice: “I’ve programmed my life in the following way ...”

That made me wonder: does she take into account things that happen just when we are not expecting them? Has she considered that maybe God has a different plan, a far more interesting one? Has she thought seriously about the hypothesis that, by including other people in her program, she might be interfering in different ideas and projects?

I am not sure whether the sentence I overheard was born of inexperience or total delirium.

Just for today
I will adjust myself to what is,
and not try to adjust everything to my own desires.
I will take my "luck" as it comes, and fit myself to it.

Notes to self
I dont know whats good for me
I dont know whats best for me
Am I sure I know ? no
Am I sure I dont know ? no
My best thinking got me in here
God obviously wants the best for me
Trust God
Have faith
Blind faith
Why do you need to know whats gonna happen?
Why do you neeed to know?
Let it unfold
The joy in not knowing
I dont like suprises
I would like to like suprises
Do I trust you? 100%?
let go, let God
Analysis paralysis
Some of us have tried to hold onto our old ideas...
Rigidness, does not allow the sunlight in
Open up the dirty window
Lighten up
Dance like there is no one watching
Stop predicting
Stop mind reading
Stop crystal ball gazing
Stop thinking and just do it

Big Book Alcoholics Anonymous
Most people try to live by self-propulsion. Each person is like an actor who wants to run the whole show; is forever trying to arrange the lights, the ballet, the scenery and the rest of the players in his own way.p60

First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn´t work. Next, we decided that hereafter in this drama of life, God was going to be our Director. He is the Principal; we are His agents. He is the Father, and we are His children. Most Good ideas are simple, and this concept was the keystone of the new and triumphant arch through which we passed to freedom.p62

We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer
running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day “Thy will be done.” We are then in much less danger of excitement, fear, anger, worry, self-pity, or foolish decisions. We become much more efficient. We do not tire so easily, for we are not burning up energy foolishly as we did when we were trying to arrange life to suit ourselves.P87

We are sure God wants us to be happy, joyous, and free. P133

2 comments:

Syd said...

When I just let others have the dignity to succeed or fail and not try to control the outcome, everyone is happier. To think of all the energy I wasted trying to change the behavior of others. It's enough just to work on my behavior.

Kathy Lynne said...

Thanks johno. Definately need to be reminded of those notes to self.