Monday, October 27, 2008

i've moved, I am moved!! - Firefly carry a light within

its been interesting
and I now have neighbouurs
who know my name
who knock on my door
who have helped me already
who have confronted me with a garden issue
who hold resentment about previous owner
and now possibly me!
anyway I have to confront an issue
take appropriate action
I have to remember other people are sick too...
other people dont like change either
and need extra patience and tolerence
though at the same time
I dont have to be a victim
nor aggressor
step 3 and prayer...

I cant believe
how friendly EVERYONE is...
people smile
even the cats smile
shops, street, station, on the beach
people say hello

and I still
have another day off!!
well if you can call it off

i've been out on my bike
down to the beach
my skin feels so smooth on my face
fresh air

I keep thinking I may have gone deaf
its so quiet
the field behind me is HUGE!

dealing with people
on the phone and face to face
takes effort paytience and tolerence
and courage

my Dad and his girlfriend
have really helped LOADS
not doing it alone
yeh I made decisions
but theyve had experience
over and over...
and she REALLY knows how to clean an OVEN!!
now thats priceless!
her telephone number is..... haha!

I am really glad they were here
and I am REALLY glad they have gone!!

ok first night tonight
on my own
its all feeling ok :)
very good in fact

and I am missing routine!
now thats a scary admission... haha

Grand Drive - Firefly
carry a light within
open your eyes and see the morning in
see the morning in

She had hundreds of stickers on her wall
made to look like stars
and she'd sit and she'd wish upon them all
to the sound of passing cars

and every single day that passed
without a wish come in
she'd peel another star from off the wall
with every wish that came and went
her sky would grow more dim
until she sat in darkness all alone

Firefly
carry a light within
open your eyes and see the morning in
see the morning in
see the morning in

She had hundreds of miles behind her now
the sun just coming in
she was keeping a promise to herself
searching the real thing

When she saw the stars that night
she couldnt believe her eyes
she felt like someone new...
she never thought they'd shine so bright
and then she realised that EVERY wish
she made had just come true...

Firefly carry a light within
carry a light within
open your eyes and see the morning in
see the morning in
see the morning in



Dont quit before the miracle
The darkest hour is before the dawn
However dark it seems
Trust the steps
trust God
and go to any lengths
See the morning in..

Thank you God

2 comments:

Syd said...

It sounds great Johno. Glad that you like your new neighborhood and neighbors. And glad that your dad was there to help. Things sound good. I'm happy for you.

Lydia said...

This post had such awareness. I really appreciate how thoughtful you are in writing about your life. Thanks for sharing. (and the video was enchanting!)