Monday, November 10, 2008

The inventory was ours, not the other man´s - P67

Came across this
Witchcraft, witches and wicca
reclaiming
and much to my surprise
It all makes sense
and its not as weird as Imagined

And this Starhawk

and this Diggin it

took my own inventory over the weekend
and wrote out and prayed out
my resentments

Putting out of our minds the wrongs others had done, we resolutely looked for our own mistakes. Where had we been selfish, dishonest, self-seeking and frightened? Though a situation had not been entirely our fault, we tried to disregard the other person involved entirely. Where were we to blame? The inventory was ours, not the other man´s. p67

I came up with my response
a reasonable opinion
my side of the street
towards the unreasonablemess
I had listened to on Friday
without resentment
but with meaning
and I cried!
Somewhat a relief
It has forced me to make a decision
at work
I have realised that I have been
working in a kind of a bad marriage
and its not what I go to work for
or get paid to do
or need to continue in
and its time to stop and let go
with full knowledge
that the world will NOT stop turning
and I will continue to breathe
as will the rest of the floor

I have no idea what will happen
but what I do know is that
making this decision is the right one today
my heart has been unhappy in this area
with this person for a while now
its stopped working
time to let go and let god

ok i'm off to bed
rather early but I am knackered
working for the greater good is exhausting
but worth it

I'm no Superman - Scrubs

1 comment:

Syd said...

Glad that you inventoried the situation. I've stayed in situations that weren't good and they ate at me. I don't do that now. I do my best to keep my head and heart in alignment on work, home and living in general.