Monday, December 24, 2007

Attitude of Gratitude

Theres something about plugging in
whether it be 12 bloggers
11 people on a meeting
10th steps... no am not going to go on
It brings out an change of attitude

reading the big book especially
brings out my gratitude

I am gratful for
praying in the car
praying in the bank
praying outside
praying like my life depends on it
cos it does
praying cos its helpful FULLSTOP
being willing
step 10's that show me the TRUTH
letting god steer
the suns shining
washings done
the pools clear
having a pool
we ARE lucky
yellow birds
alcohol free fruit mince pies
kids are happy and healthy
brothers relaxed
I am sober
Enough food to fill the fridge
we ARE lucky
finding some barbie pink and fluffy crackers
we ARE lucky
filling up my ipod
the sun
going on holiday on wednesday
being loved
loving
making an attempt at letting go
and trusting God has a plan
and its not my business
to twiddle and look to closely
or question to hard

I just got to get outer bed
pray
shower and have breakfast
turn up each day and see what happens

As for alcohol
there is no cure
only a daily reprieve
hang around if you like
just for today
I choose not to

Have a fun and safe next couple of days

Resentment is the number one offender.
It destroys more alcoholics than anything else.P64


Love ya's Johno

3 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

HO! HO! HO!
MER-RY CHRIST-MAS!!

enjoy all the mince pie stuff n all..
me? essays!!! my gift to myself is to DO THE DANG THINGS.
heheh
see ya!

Mary Christine said...

Merry Christmas to you Johno! And you will have to fight my kids for any yorkshires!

Syd said...

Resentment is bad for anyone. Thankfully, I feel a lot of hope and love today.