Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Some thoughts for the days that came my way

Introversion
The ability to enjoy one's own company is one of the greatest gifts life has to offer. Learning to turn my thoughts away from all my responsibilities at the day's end and take my mind into a state of peace and benevolence enables me to carry greater and greater loads without feeling the burden. When my inner landscape is full of beautiful thoughts, everything I do is a pleasure. Gently, I calm down chaotic situations and offer solace to troubled minds.


Self-respect
Self-respect is not a matter of what you are doing in your life, but rather of how you are doing it. It requires that you bring quality and virtue into each action, whatever that action may be.


A Breeze
Never fight. Wisdom never fights, it waits patiently, speaks positively, releases easily, sees benefit in everything and envisions a future of abundance, knowing that all needs will be met at the right moment, in the right way. If you think life is a struggle you will always be struggling. If you think life is a breeze, your attitudes and actions will convey lightness and easiness. And that's what attracts everything you need, and much more. Make today a breeze not a battle.

Came from Inner Space

2 comments:

Shadow said...

beautiful thoughts. beautiful post. loved reading it this breezy day!

The First Domino דומינו said...

"The ability to enjoy one's own company is one of the greatest gifts life has to offer."

Although I've had issues with being alone (some previous life carry over), I've never been lonely.

I'd rather be in my company than that of anyone I know.

Yet, I've seen the hollow man and woman that loneliness can create, and it has always sent my heart into a tailspin to behold those fighting back the dark tides of this dreaded condition.

And I've never been bored. Some things I may find boring--but I've never been bored. There's just too much going on around me for me to indulge it.

I suspect that boredom is a condition brought on by people who find themselves boring.

No, I'm not trashing those who're bored or lonely, just saying that love begins at home.

If you can love yourself enough, you'll find plenty left over to love all others--a sure cure for boredom, and loneliness.