Saturday, May 19, 2007

Prison Service - will I fit ?

Have been "thinking" about doing prison service

.....since I was 2 years sober

That was nearly 2 years ago!!


This week I got the prison contacts from

our intergroup service workshop

I have signed up for a chair in a local prison next month

At a meeting the next day they wanted people to do

chairs in another prison... I put my name down

There are no coincidences


Service keeps me sober & gives me inner strength

Staying sober & doing service gives me opportunities

get out of my Comfort Zone

grow into new comfort zones

Natural progressions

Growth with a real purpose P77

Tradition 5


Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum

service to God and the people about us. P77

How will I know where I fit ? By giving it a go

Getting into the middle of the AA bed

I wont know if I fit til I get in or out and about

with the people about us

Your job now is to be at the place where you may

be of maximum helpfulness to others, so never

hesitate to go anywhere if you can be helpful. p102

No hesitation this week

Get In There!!

AA Big Book Alcoholics Anonymous

No comments: