Saturday, May 19, 2007

I am grateful..... for Living Sober

am sober
I am well
am happy
am unafraid
am clean
I have a great haircut
I cleaned my teeth
had a bath
clean clothes
I have a conscious contact with God
I have a sponsor
a home group
having a commitment in my home group
did a full days work
got a call from a sponsee
AA literature
I am not God
There are no rules
did service

had 3 meals (in the right order)
promptly banked a cheque (which received only today)
Took a walk along the River Thames in the sun
Listened to my sponsor
Prayer
excersized restraint of tongue and pen
Didnt get tied up in someones drama
Didnt give advice
Prayed lots

a letter from my gran
a pack arriving for a course
freedom of choice
having an openmind
freedom from paralysing fear
that I can have a lay in tomorrow
Freedom from alcohol
Freedom from obsession
The speed of which I let go is becoming faster
Having fun
Laughing
not picking up a cigarette
having a mental defense

Enjoying my guitar
Having a fab teacher, with a sense of humour
Practical, hands on learning
can now play Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
and others
Have to sing along to get the rhythm
having to practice most days to keep up
(Step4 gave me this discipline)
try to do a bit each day
even when you want to throw it out the window
even when my fingers are all thumbs
(step 4 & 10 hammered home this discipline)
Singing!? my singing sounds well in tune
(in my opinion ha ha)
Keep on Keeping on

Planned a lay in tomorrow
Recovery Rocks dudes!!
Bring it on

AA's Living Sober is not one of my most read AA books
However, I let go of an old idea lastnight
Seriously bent its spine and read of a few chapters
It has some really good practical suggestions
Suggested to sponsee - look out for it at next meeting

No comments: