Sunday, March 02, 2008

Dont quit before the miracle - Fellowship - Unity

There is, however, a vast amount of fun about it all. I suppose some would be shocked at our seeming worldliness and levity. But just underneath there is deadly earnestness. Faith has to work twenty-four hours a day in and through us, or we perish.P16

2006 Las Vegas Run for life
You know why they are doing it, raise money for Breast Cancer
but as you see from the faces, there is a vast amount of smiles
No I wasnt there, I just loved the vid



I run for hope
I run to feel
I run for the truth
For all that is real
I run for your mother
your sister, for your daughter, your wife
for you and me my friend

I run with those
looking and hoping for a solution
For the scientists and the researchers
For the nurses and doctors
for the carers and family
and friends
For us all

Race for Life
Last week I said I wouldnt do it this year. Why?
Afraid of asking for pledges donations
of the same people again and again and again!
yet each year I get to know more people
and so there are some whom I have never asked
Also by not asking is presuming
I know what you think!
which i dont

Why a change of mind?
Does Jimmy Savile say nah!
I wont ask the people of the UK
yet again for more donations
for Stoke Mandeville Hospital?
No he doesnt
he does it over and over
thats how he raised over
£40million

Bollocks to my pride
I'll do it anyway

Today I made a decision that I will
Its not all about me

Service is good for the soul
all of ours

Happy Mothers day Mum

By the way, when I say run...
I mean walk! its allowed!
80% of entrants walk 20% (the nutters) run!

Self pity in this area of life
is no different to any other
whats the solution?

Service, turn my thoughts to something useful

Today I have eaten, I am clean and stable
Off to do some more study, prayer, cry
make a couple of calls
Prayer works and strengthens
as do your comments
thank you

2 comments:

dAAve said...

I am often asked to give, year after year. I feel it an honor to give and might be offended or "left out" if I wasn't asked.
When it's for the right thing, never be shy to ask for help.

Syd said...

Good for you. It's a great cause. My mother had breast cancer. And by doing service you get outside yourself. Something you get that is worth so much more than fear or pride.