Sunday, June 03, 2007

Learn to Listen, Listen to Learn

I heard
The bad thing about recovery is
you feel great
then you think you dont need it
then you stop working it
and many alkys forget
and drink
and some die
that was from a 25year sober AA

he values his sobriety
if he didnt stay sober
everything else would not be
He works it everyday
simple stuff
in all his affairs
and he isnt perfect

me am doing lots of service
lots of carrying the message
lots of tradition 5
its all going ok
I love it all

Wheres the listening time
I dont know it all
its alright carrying the message
I need to listen again

None of us makes a sole vocation of this work,
nor do we think its effectiveness would be increased if we did.
P19

My imagination is fired
I am free to do anything
I feel it
I now have too many choices
And not enough time
to do it all
with love
am fraying at the edges
starting to become unmanageable
too much to deal with
I am not a robot
quality not quantity

Time to review
Recovery
Unity
Service
inventory
prayer meditation
service

unconditional love
= giving without strings
= giving freely

I need to improve my conscious contact
Am running too highly
on Pride & self will
enthusiasm is there
passion there
Fear is creeping in
replace fear with faith

physically am just a mere human being
AA will survive without me
I wont survive with out my conscious contact

I need to let go a little
Need to spend time
talking with God more
or rather listening
Works without Faith is dead!!
Quality not Quantity

Control Freaks dont rule... OK
So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run riot, though he usually doesn´t think so. P62

God I offer myself to Thee,
to build with me and do with me as Thou wilt
Relieve me of the bondage of self
that I may better do Thy will
take away my difficulties
that victory over them may bear witness
to those I would help
of thy power
Thy Love
and Thy way of life
may I do Thy will always!

P63

Page refs to Big Book Alcoholics Anonymous

3 comments:

JJ said...

I've been talking with God so much lately. I've been listening like crazy. Hang in there my friend.
oxoxox
JJ

Trudging said...

All good stuff

Syd said...

A great post that makes me think. I'm glad that to hear that control freaks don't rule. I've always thought that. Never wanted to be one. Not ever.