Saturday, June 30, 2007

Step 7 - Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings

The very abridged version of Johno's journey into Step 7

It doesnt say Humbly asked your Sponsor as you understand Her to remove your thinking or push you down your Spiritual path

The Him with a capital H refers to God (as you understand it)
and the shortcomings are our defects

Ready?Jump

My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad.P76

We must let go absolutly
and continue to
change and be changed
our work never stops
Let Him have all of me, the Lovely bits and the defective bits

no more
deciding when to Rest on Laurels
deciding to hover in comfort zones
deciding that this my our lot
deciding that there are somethings that cannot be changed
deciding I am stuck with habits of a lifetime
deciding the trivial stuff needs no work
deciding which are harmless to me
deciding I know best which to work on and when
deciding I know which of my behaviour affects other and what doesnt
deciding the good bits are good enough

I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character... P76

If I was Purely God driven, I wouldnt have any resentments or fears
I would be driven by pure Love
I am a human, with defects whether I like it or not
Driven by defects, because I knew no other way
Nurtured not natured, no ones fault, western society I suppose
Therefore I need to ask him to remove my defects so I am not ruled by them

... which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. P76

whats trivial, liveable with, not a problem for me
just because I am not aware of it advisersely affecting anyone only myself
there may be someone drinking over the same thing
to them its a difficulty, life threatening

If I live my life driven by self will and fear, then its a complete slap in the face to God and the first 100 members and all the others who carried the message and the lengths everyone since has gone to

Half measures means not allowing the true potential of this Divinely inspired programme to come all over me. What a waste of anylengths

Its me saying that I will continue to put test this thing (you God) out on everything. It doesnt say that I will give all of me and you will make me perfect and so I can put my feet up and pontificate on how I can now and decide when to when not to work, what to work on me and what not too.

There is scarcely any form of trouble and misery which has not been overcome among us.p15

Quite as important was the discovery that spiritual principles would solve all my problems.P42

problem big or small or just something which needs abit of work

Grant me strength, as I go out from here, to do your bidding. Amen P76

Never underestimate the Power of God (as you understand Him)
Now I have found this Loving one, I have no reason to fear its huge Power
God is Love and it wants the best for me (and you)
Thy will not mine be done
Show me what you want me to do

Live and Let Live Dudes

Notice and EnJOY something each day
Do what needs to be done
ask for help
and keep trying
you'll get it if you want it
what ever it is

Keep working on it

Dont quit before the miracle

PS no Gym sat & sun, its closed (its true, its open office hours)

No comments: