Monday, July 16, 2007

I dont understand how they do it

For my work, I often collate health information
which need to be accurate
as possible
So its interesting sometimes when I get to the drink and drugs
part of the form

No client is present when I get the form
I just send the info down the line
Today there was one form for a man and wife,
on it was

Do you drink alcohol ? yes
On average how many units per week ?
(one unit is a small glass of wine, i/2 pint of beer
or a spirit measure)
He drank on average 2 units a week
She drank 1 unit on average per week

? I dont understand this ?
Why would anyone drink 1 measure a week
whats the point ?
or even two ?
or even 3 ?
and how do you do it?
week in week out ?
"uckers!!

Today I got stuck on this question
and it took about 15 minutes for me to move on
to the next it didnt matter, no one was there

No I didnt ring them up to ask them "Are they sure?"

I am reminded on at least a weekly basis
that the amount I drank per week was far above average
and I do not understand how people can
just have a couple A WEEK
beats me!!

Then there are types entirely normal in every respect except in the effect alcohol has upon them. They are often able, intelligent, friendly people.

All these, and many others, have one symptom in common: they cannot start drinking without developing the phenomenon of craving
. xxviii THE DOCTOR'S OPINION
Page ref Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book

2 comments:

Mama Dukes said...

what a miracle I did not have the craving. Many of my family members did, still do. I could not understand for such a long long time why they couldn't just stop like I did or drink like I did, do.
Ah, the disease Cunning baffling and powerful

My weekend was ok, thank you for asking me

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

RANK AMATEURS! those 'social drinkers'!