Monday, August 22, 2005

Do what the winners do, you get what they got

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them. P84 Alcoholics Anonymous

i was reading steps8&9 again in Big book, got to the bottom of page 83 & my mind shut down to reading, i couldnt look no further, physically my head wouldnt let me read the promises, my mind wouldnt let me look... i was staring into space for minutes. i heard them in meetings, i read them before, i know some off by heart, but now am THAT close, my head wont let me read them in my own big book. S'weird the power of the mind.

My heads still saying, it'll work for everyone else except for johno. Today I didnt listen or fight with my head.

It was only a matter of being willing to believe in a Power greater than myself. Nothing more was required of me to make my beginning. I saw that growth could start fromthat point. Upon a foundation of complete willingness I might build what I saw in my friend. Would I have it? Of course I would!

i will read it at some point. Went to a step2 meeting. Talked for ages at coffee with a 4week sober miracle

some of the promises are coming true for me already. Just because i couldnt read them today, doesnt mean i will be the exception. i am a part of a process far more powerful than my head, I am changing, inspite of myself, my spirit today showed me the truth.

Helping others is the foundation stone of your recovery. A kindly act once in a while isn't enough. You have to act the Good Samaritan every day, if need be. P97 Alcoholics Anonymous

Another good day in paradise, finances, jobs around home, family, meetings and service

A simple plan set up for tomorrow already. Put your recovery first.

Am getting well from the inside out. An it feels good this spiritual surgery.

1 comment:

JJ said...

I think I could some spiritual surgery.
Peace,
JJ